Factors and Symptoms of Auto Injuries
An auto accident can dangerously impact your health, even if the accident is minor. During a collision, powerful forces exert on your neck and spine when your body and head move back and forth rapidly. Although you may not have visible injuries, you may have soft tissue damage that can persist for years. The biggest threat is that symptoms often take days, months, or even years to develop. Even if you don’t feel pain right now, it’s still important for the future of your wellbeing to call our Grand Junction chiropractor to document your auto injury right away.
Invisible Physical Injuries Include:
- Strains and Sprains
- Joint Dislocation
- Joint, Nerve, Muscle, and Tendon Damage
- Torn Cartilage, Ligaments, and Muscles
- Disc Herniation
- Radiculopathy (compressed spinal nerve)
Many variables contribute to the extent of your injury. Even a minor car accident can cause severe damage to your neck and spine. The severity of your injury may depend on the following:
- Collision vectors
- Size of the vehicles involved in collision,
- Preexisting health conditions,
Top 4 Reasons to Visit the Spins & Injury Center of Grand Junction
1. Chiropractic doctors set the standard of care for auto accidents, and they do not require a referral from your primary physician to begin treatment. Make an appointment for yourself and everyone else in the vehicle immediately following the accident.<br>
2. Soft tissue injuries simply don’t show up on x-rays. If you are in pain, the hospital will treat your wounds and send you on your way with a prescription for pain medication. The problem with pain meds is that they mask your symptoms, especially signs of another underlying condition. Only a Grand Junction auto injury chiropractor, like Dr. Angello at The Spine & Injury Center of Grand Junction, is trained to diagnose, document, and treat your injury.
3. Although you may not feel pain, you may have an invisible condition that can cause serious health problems if left undiagnosed and treated. When diagnosed immediately, your chiropractor can start treatment to reduce further injury. If you wait too long to document your underlying injury, your auto insurance may not pay for treatments you need.
4. Dr. Angello is a trained and experienced health professional who uses several types of non-surgical treatments, including spinal manipulation and mobilization. These treatments help reduce pain and promote healing. Unlike medical doctors who use medication to remedy most problems, chiropractors take a “hands-on” approach and do not utilize prescription medications or surgical procedures
Modern imaging devices display soft tissue injuries, which helps you document your injuries so that the insurance company will cover your diagnosis and treatment. Your Grand Junction chiropractor uses the following diagnostic equipment to pinpoint the source of your injury in order to document your injuries and create a treatment plan with you.
- CAT Scans
- Electronic Meridian Imaging (EMI)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Computerized Muscle and Range of Motion Testing
- Static s EMG
- Dynamic s EMG
Physicians simply do not detect most injuries because they typically treat for breaks and fractures in bones, lacerations that require stitches, and internal bleeding. The Grand Junction whiplash chiropractor will help you document your injuries using a methodical system so that the insurance company has to pay for the treatments you deserve. You can expect the doctor to perform the following steps to document your injuries.
- Your thorough medical history.
- Physical examination: vital signs, reflexes, muscle testing, and more.
- Diagnostic testing or imaging when needed.
- Develop a treatment plan.